Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tutorial: Cowl Neck Scarf

Step 1:
Knit
This scarf is 20 stitches wide.  The length is judged by how comfortable it fits around your neck.  I used almost an entire skein of yarn.
*If you don't know how to knit, it's easy and fun to learn!  My friends taught me in college.  If you don't have a friend that knows how to, I'm sure there's lots of video tutorials online.  Maybe I'll do a tutorial on it one day!

Step 2:
Closures
I hand stitched snaps to each end of the scarf.

Step 3:
Button
I hand stitched a decorative button to the front. 

Here it is in all its glory!
Here it is with yesterday's makeup (eek! I know!)

I made a smaller gray one with a fun red button:
crazy eyebrow alert!

And an even smaller one in brown with a green button:

And a little longer one in white with a handmade black button:
Sorry for the way I look...but everyone knits in their pjs right?

These will be for sale at Hillcrest Harvestfest! (<---- new updated link)

1 comment:

Loren said...

I love these!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...