Monday, October 24, 2011

Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival

This past weekend I was at the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival.  I look forward to going every year.  You get to see documentaries from around the world and even meet some of the filmmakers.  This is a great festival!

The Festival headquarters is at the historic Malco movie theater.  Here are a few iPhone shots:
For the first time since I've been coming, they even screened films at the Central theater a block down from the Malco.

My favorite documentary was Big in Bollywood.  I went to India in 2008, so it was especially fun to watch.  But Colin hasn't been to India and loved it just as much as I did.  This movie is funny, funny, funny!  It also gives you a peek into the life of a struggling actor and let's you see how movie stars are idolized in India.


Another favorite was Boys of Bonneville.  Even if you don't like racing, this movie has great heart.  I might have teared up a bit.


If you live in Arkansas or in the mid-south or even far away-- this festival is worth visiting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...