Friday, October 07, 2011

Sweater to Purse

Before:
This sweater was given to me by someone who used to worked at my company.  This sweater is very likely as old as I am.  It was limp and unshapely and dated.  I wanted to make something out of it using the best pieces.

After:
Ta da!
A fun purse with a vintage feel!

I got the instructions from here.

I used a yummy orange for the lining.

I bought the wood handles at Hancock Fabric's and used a faux leather material to attach them to the purse.

And I added a removable rose pin!

This was the most detailed project I've done to date, but I was so proud of myself!  Although the purse looks simple, the process is very professional, and the purse turns out looking seamless!

1 comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing! I love the colors:).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...