Saturday, February 25, 2012

Parmesan Spinach

There are a couple restaurants in town that serve parmesan spinach as a side.  I've been going to these restaurants for a few years now, but never tried the parmesan spinach sides, because I thought I didn't like cooked spinach.  Well, I was wrong!

I'm now obsessed with parmesan spinach!

-Heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a pan.
-Put in a tablespoon of jarred minced garlic.
-Put in a bunch of fresh, raw spinach (I pulled off the stems).
-Saute.
-Spoon the cooked spinach in a bowl and toss with shredded parmesan (not that dry stuff you put on pizza).
-EAT!

Spinach shrinks down quite a bit when cooked, so if you want a lot of cooked spinach to serve, buy several bunches of raw spinach.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...