Friday, February 03, 2012

Valentine Popcorn

Need a sweet treat for your sweet?

This snack would be great for kids.  I don't have kids, so I tested it on adults at work.  And they loved it!  I finally had to hide the bowl in my office so I could take some home to Colin!

I made this on my lunch break, so it's quick and easy to whip up.
-3 bags of 100 calorie one-serving popcorn (I used this)
-3 squares of almond bark (I used 3 squares of this)
-8-12 large marshmallows (I used strawberry flavored, giving it a pink tint)
-1/4 cup butter/margarine
-I popped 3 bags of popcorn (not all at once!) and emptied the bags into a bowl.  I only had the one serving bags, so that's why I needed 3 bags.
-In a microwaveable bowl, put in the marshmallows and butter.  Microwave for about 30 seconds and then stir until smooth.  Microwave for a little longer if needed.
-Pour the marshmallow mix over the popcorn and stir it all around until the popcorn is evenly coated.
-Melt the almond bark in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
-Pour the melted almond bark over the popcorn, making sure to evenly coat the popcorn.
-Let it sit for a few minutes to cool off.
It's like you made popcorn balls and then coated them in almond bark!
It's a great mix of salty and sweet!
Warning: you may want to eat it all in one sitting and not share!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...