Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PF Chang's Spicy Chicken (Gluten Free/Soy Free Option)

I love Chinese food.
Correction: I LOVE Chinese food.
So it's sad that a gluten and soy allergy keep me from my love.
No more buffet or take out for me :(.

There is a PF Chang's about 30 minutes from where I live, and they have a pretty good gluten free menu, but that's just too far and expensive to regularly fill the void!

I made a few changes to fit what I had around the house:
-garlic powder
-orange juice (instead of pineapple)
-soy sauce substitute
I cooked this two days in a row, because it's that good!
The first time I cooked the chicken on medium-high for about 15 or 20 minutes.
The second time I cooked on a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time, and the chicken was crispier (not pictured) which is my preference.
Serve it over some brown rice and add more chili sauce or soy sauce to your taste.
This will be a regular meal in our house now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...