Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tutorial: Card/Picture Hanger

About two years ago, I saw a post from Oops, I Craft My Pants, and I bookmarked it.
Then almost two years later, I finally got around to the project!
Anyone else like that?

She tells you how she did it, but I snapped a few photos on my phone to show you how I did it.

Step 1:
Grab a frame
I've had this frame for a few years. It's in good condition, but it was missing glass and the backing-- perfect for what I needed!

Step 2:
Paint the frame (optional)
I literally finger painted a few coats.

Step 3:
String the wire
I used floral wire, and instead of hot gluing the wire in place, I wrapped the wire around the staples on the back of the frame. These staples held on the former backing of the frame. If your frame doesn't have staples, then use hot glue.
You may want to use something a little stronger and thicker than floral wire if you want to hold lots of pictures.

Step 4:
Create loops in your wire by twirling it around your finger

Step 5:
Attach a hanger if your frame doesn't already have one

Step 6:
Hang and fill!
I put Christmas cards in mine, and I plan to fill it with photos the rest of the year!
I'd love to know if you make this!

Linking up:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...