Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spicy Roast Beef (Sandwiches)

I love my crock pot.  It's a working woman's best friend.  So here's another crock pot recipe I'm pretty happy about.

Spicy Roast Beef

I bought the roast beef at the grocery store and threw it in the fridge.  I'm sure you could freeze it and throw it in later, but I only had mine in the fridge for a day or so.  Season it as you like.  I seasoned it with garlic salt and cajun seasoning.  Now here's the secret ingredient: a jar of peppercini peppers-- juice and all.  Just empty the jar on top of the roast.  Cook on low for at least 8 hours or cook on high for at least 5 hours.  The longer you cook it, the better it will be.
Once it's cooked, just pile it on some bread.  I put some bbq sauce on my sandwich.  You can also eat the peppers.  This roast beef will have a bit of a kick.  I think it's better warmed up the second day.  If you don't want to serve it as sandwiches, serve it with potatoes.

Thank you crock pot.  Hugs and kisses crock pot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...