Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spilled Milk

I've always hated when someone has said, "There's no using in crying over spilled milk."  You know what, sometimes there is!  Sometimes it helps get you to a place of healing and even laughter.  I've always felt better after a good cry.  It's helped me release anger, disappointment, fear, and so many other frustrations of life.  This past week has been one of those times that so often I've wanted to go to my room, shut the door, and cry.  But right now my body is telling me it's not time for that yet.  I've got to hold on and keep going one more day and soon my cry day will come.  If I could be totally open without consequences, I would tell you of the things happening in my life right now, but I'm not given that right at this point.  You wouldn't believe some of the things I'd tell you anyway.  First Colin had something happen at work that could have come out of a movie.  Then later in the week we found a strange man snooping around our yard.  Then another "this cannot be happening!" happened.  And then Monday I received unexpected news.  Each time, a few tears fell, but never a full release of emotions.  Throughout this all, Colin and I have been holding on and supporting each other.  I thank God every single day for this person he brought into my life.  We've been married a little over a year and a half, and I can't imagine not having each other through these times.  More so, I am so incredibly blessed to have a Savior that daily provides strength, comfort, and peace.


I'm not saying these things to you to receive pity.  I'm saying them so you know that you are not alone in life's struggles.  The difficulties you face day in and day out are being faced by others like you.  I just pray that I can offer some encouragement and hope.  It can be so hard to be transparent and open in a world full of judgement and hate.  Being vulnerable is definitely a hard thing for me.  While I can't go into details about a few of these things because they involve the privacy of others, I want you to know that I too have to sail through life's storms, and I'm here to sail with you.  And when it's time, we'll cry together.

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?"  -Hebrews 13:5-6

This photo is my gift to you as a reminder of hope.  Click photo to enlarge & right click to save

2 comments:

Holly said...

sending my love to you! things are gonna get better!

A Dawn said...

Thank you. This was exactly what I needed this week. You wanted to give encouragement and you did. No pity...just appreciation for your honesty.

I'll pray for you and your week. And, just from experience - a great cry goes well followed by prayer and then followed by brownies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...