Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pizza Rolls

Okay Okay, I know I said no recipes for awhile...
but...
but...
this one is so goooood!

My husband agrees...he even took pictures while I was making a batch (I made this two days in a row).
I present....
Pizza Rolls
makes 8 rolls
Ingredients:
1 can- crescent rolls dough (Pillsbury's lightly buttered is what I used)
Basil pesto sauce (leftover from the bruschetta!)
Mozzarella (left over from the bruschetta and pizza!)
Pepperoni (left over from the pizza!)
Peppercini peppers (left over from the pizza!)
So basically this is me cleaning out the fridge and making as many meals as I can from the same ingredients :)

*First spread the pesto on the dough, layer the rest of the ingredients (see above picture).


*Then roll the little puppies like you would a regular crescent roll.

*Tuck the sides in so it makes little balls so everything cooks nicely inside the dough.
*Cook according to the crescent roll package.

Voila!
These are restaurant quality!  You could make this as an appetizer or party treat.  Or just serve it as a meal like I did...soooooo good, I promise!

See, wasn't this worth breaking the no-recipe-for-awhile rule?

4 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

It looks yummy! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Rikki Cupcake said...

hey you keep posting the recipes, food is inspiring and many a people get hungry whilst blogging so you can be there to provide new ideas to the starved. (:

Nicole Coffin. said...

I'm so hungry...and those look amazing!!!!!

Marla Rae Morrison said...

This is a great idea! I will definitely be trying this soon! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...