Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baked Flounder

Last night I finished reading My Life in France.  It's such a gem of a book.
In honor of Julia Child, I'll be posting recipes for the next two days.  
I should note that none of these will in any way compare to any of the foods she talks about in her book.  But these were much easier to make and still had the yum factor!
Let's begin!
Baked Flounder & Beans
(Thanks to my husband for modeling)
Ingredients:
1 can chili beans
dash of onion flakes
small can of green onions
squirt of ketchup
dash of cajun seasoning
dash of garlic salt
dash of peppered vinegar
dash of ground thyme
dash of salt
dash of pepper
frozen flounder filet pack

In a bowl combine the beans and all other ingredients (except the flounder).  Stir 'em up!

Lay a large piece of foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.  
Put the bean mixture in the foil and spread evenly.  
Lay the flounder filets on top of the beans, and sprinkle the top of the flounder with cajun seasoning. 
Place foil on top of the flounder and seal it to the bottom piece of foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Note: I had to bake the fish for about 40 minutes because of the number of pieces of flounder I had.

Take out of the oven and carefully cut in the foil pack.  It will be hot and steamy!
Serve the beans and flounder together!

I got this recipe from Hungry Girl, but I used almost completely different ingredients.  I used what I had around the house!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...