Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

It's almost break time here at work, so I'm including a break time snack!
Check back tomorrow for two more recipes.  Then I'll be taking a break from recipes (at least for a day or two ;) ).
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Note: This is not a picture of the dip I made.  I made the dip 3 times and forgot to take a picture every time!

My husband was having a potluck at work and needed something quick.  I had a few items in the fridge and wondered if there was any way to combine them.  I googled all the items I had for a recipe.  I found Buffalo Chicken Dip!

I looked over the recipes I found, and like always, made it my own way.  There are more official ways to make this dip, so google the recipe if you want to see how most people make it.

My husband took this to work and it was devoured before he could even get to it.  Then I took it to work, and everyone just stood there and dipped there chips into the bowl!  My husband took it to work a second time because everyone was asking for it.  So that must mean my creation worked!  The best part-- it's low fat (but no one will be able to tell)!

Ingredients:
1- 8 oz. tub of fat free cream cheese spread
1- 8 oz. tub of fat free sour cream
2 chicken breasts cut and shredded (I actually grilled the chicken, but you can use canned chicken, but I prefer the quality of seasoning and grilling the chicken myself)
Louisiana hot sauce to taste (or another hot sauce)
Squirt of fat free Ranch dressing

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (microwave for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally, if you don't have time to bake...just helps everything blend together).
Take out of the oven and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Serve hot or cold!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...