Thursday, October 27, 2016

Monogrammed/Applique Columbia PFG Shirt


Since my daughter LOVES fish, I knew she'd love a fish birthday party.  It took me awhile to decide what she should wear for her party.  I wanted it to be something she could wear beyond that day, so I knew I didn't want to put her age on the shirt or anything saying birthday on it.  I also didn't necessarily want to do something with a fish on it.

Then I had an epiphany-- monogram a fishing shirt!  You see them all over Pinterest, but it's usually for teenage girls on adult sized shirts.  Low and behold, Columbia sells their famous shirt in a kids size!  The smallest they had when I ordered it was a 2T, which was exactly what I needed.  And it was on sale!  Go to Columbia to check it out.  I ordered it through ebates and got 5% cash back (woohoo!).

The fabric used for the appliqué was a Hancock Fabrics exclusive, so sadly it's not available anymore.

The appliqué font is from Boutique Fonts.

The shirt runs big enough that I think she'll even be able to wear it next summer.

The bloomers and socks are from GAP if you're looking for something similar.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...