Monday, October 24, 2016

Harlow's Birthday | Pumpkin Patch | Monogrammed Shirt (& An Embroidery Mistake!)


I now have a two-year-old.  I can't believe it.  For Harlow's first and now second birthday, we have gone to the pumpkin patch.  Last year was fun, but this year was even more entertaining with her running all around.  At the end of this post I'm going to tell you about the shirt she's wearing.  First, I'll show you some pictures from the pumpkin patch!  My parents went with us this year.  Harlow loved walking through the tunnel, playing on all the playground equipment, seeing the animals, and picking out pumpkins.  It was a fun day!



Now, let's chat about the shirt and the big boo-boo I made...

Cute design, huh?  Well, first let's talk about how I ruined the shirt.  I was embroidering while texting and comforting a crying toddler.  What was I thinking?  You can't embroider and multitask.  The sleeve worked its way under the hoop and got embroidered to the back of the design.  Heavy sigh.  I had to cut it loose.


I didn't think I could talk Harlow into keeping her arm tucked to her side to hide the hole.  I could have cut the sleeves above the hole and hemmed them to be shorter, but I wanted to keep them long.  That brings us to leaf patches!  Work with me here.  I cut some leaf shapes out of felt and hand stitched one over the hole and another on the sleeve at the same spot.


The shirt is Okie Dokie Peplum from JCPenney (order through ebates.com to get 8% cash back).  You can get this monogram design at Planet Appliqué (click HERE to get 20% off).  Just stay focused :).




SaveSave

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...