Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Harlow's First Birthday- Embroidered Shirts & Fun Shorts

Almost three years ago, I used money and gift cards I got for Christmas to buy an embroidery machine.  It took me two and a half years to finally plug it in and learn how to use it!  Ridiculous, I know.

Now that I know how to use it, I embroider everything in sight! (I have a Brother HE1 Embroidery Machine.)


The cake design I used for the onesie Harlow wore on her actual birthday and on the onesie she wore to her party is from Planet Applique (click HERE to get 20% off).  The number 1 on her birthday onesie was traced, cut, and sewn on with my sewing machine.  The font on her birthday and party onesies were fonts stored in my embroidery machine.


Her shorts were inspired by this link I found on Pinterest.  The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, and my mom altered a bloomers pattern to make the shorts.


Harlow's actual birthday fell on a Wednesday, and her party was on Saturday so all of our family could celebrate with us.

On Wednesday Colin and I took Harlow to a pumpkin patch.  I embroidered the pumpkin design on a piece of fabric, cut the fabric into a circle, then stitched it on the onesie with my sewing machine.  I wanted to be able to use a seam ripper to remove the pumpkin design circle and use it on shirts in the future (hence why I didn't embroider it directly on the onesie).

The pumpkin design was a free appliqué from Lynnie Pinnie.  I used a font file that I had to monogram the H.





If you embroider, PLEASE leave me a comment with your favorite embroidery websites and software!  I'm still so new to this; I could use all the help I can get!

Here are a couple other embroidery sites I like:


Here's a bonus embroidery project…
I had a shirt with an owl on the front and turned it into a pillow.  I cut the owl design off the shirt, embroidered Harlow's name on it, sewed it into a pillow, and stuffed it with fiberfill.  This was literally the second thing I ever embroidered.  I told you I want to embroider everything!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...