Thursday, October 29, 2015

Harlow's First Birthday- Alphabet Book


Most of Harlow's birthday (decorations, outfit, gifts) was handmade.  It was my way of making it a special day and tailoring it to her personality.  It's also my way of saving money (truth!).  For one of her gifts, I made her a book, because she loves to read.



I created the pages in Adobe Illustrator, but it could just as easily be done in a Word document.  The book pages are 8 1/2 x 11, so the pages print easily.

I used Myriad Pro font for the wording.  The large floral letters are the free font Florabet.  The font used for her name on the cover is the free font Willow.

I made sure to leave space in the left margin to hole punch.

I used watercolors to paint the floral letters on each page.

Once the paint was dry, I took the pages to a teacher supply store and had them laminated.

Lastly, I used a hole punch and book rings to bind the pages together.


This is one of my most favorite things I've ever made.  It's not complicated or expensive, but it's a reminder to Harlow of how special she is to us.

…And as I sign off for the day, here's a peek at her party invitation that went out to our family.  I used Illustrator to make the invitation, and design elements are from Angie Makes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...