Monday, August 22, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars (Gluten Free!)

One thing that's been tough to give up are convenient granola bars for breakfast and snacks.  But now I can make my own gluten free granola bars!
I found a recipe from Udi's and altered it a bit.  You can make these even if you're not gluten free.  If you are gluten free, just make sure all your ingredients are gf.  Two of my coworkers tried what I made and thought it was pretty good!
Ingredients:
-Bag of granola
-Cup of Fruity Pebbles
-1/2 cup of chocolate chips
-1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup softened margarine
-1/4 cup honey
-1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix together and spread in baking dish (spray with Pam first)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until crisp and easy to cut.
Mine were a bit soft, so I would cook them a little longer next time.  You'll just need to test it out with your oven.

But it's even good with a spoon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...