Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Storms and Flowers

If you've been watching the Weather Channel or national news this past week, then you know that the South got hit hard with storms and tornados.  I live in Arkansas, and a town just down the road was almost completely wiped away by a tornado.  We've continued to get rain (until today..thankfully it stopped!), and all the water is now causing flooding problems for a lot of people.  It's been quite the week weather wise.  We haven't had any flooding, and we only lost a small tree, so we're very blessed.  I took some time to appreciate the flowers in our yard and to be thankful for what I have.

We have lots and lots and lots of honeysuckle!
We have several rose bushes all over our yard!
Look at my baby strawberries growing in the topsy turvy!  I really hope they do well...I can't wait to eat one!

1 comment:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Marla Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. I love seeing your garden. Your roses are just exquisite seeing as how many storms have actually been around you all there in Arkansas. I can't believe you still have any roses left.

There you also have honeysuckle and even baby strawberries. Imagine that?

Just gorgeous. Thank you for allowing me to stroll with you this afternoon. Love the garden. Have a glorious evening sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...