Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slap Yo Momma Cobbler


Please believe me when I say this cobbler is worth the calories!  I had some fruit in the fridge that was about to overripe.  I was leaving town in a day and knew I wouldn't be able to eat all the fruit before I left.  So a cobbler was born! (It went on the road with me to my parents' house.)


Here's how you can make your own:
*Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
*Put 4 tbsp of butter in a dish and stick it in the oven until the butter melts then take out the dish.
*Slice your fruit (I used 1 apple, 2 nectarines, 2 plums, blackberries) and mix them with a cup of sugar (I'm telling you-- it'll be worth the calories! or be good and use a sugar substitute).
*Start making the crust: mix 3/4 cups of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 3/4 cup of milk
*Pour the crust into the pan.
*Pour the fruit on top.
*Bake for about 50 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and bubbling
*Let cool
*DIG IN!

EDIT: Since making this several times now for a few years, I have found that you only need about 1/3 cup of sugar mixed with your fruit if your fruit is not bitter.  I only use 1/3 cup for things like peaches.  If you're using plums or anything really tart, you may want to stick to a cup of sugar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...