Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cripsy Cod

I LOVE fried fish.  And being from the south, I was raised on fried catfish.  My family used to fry fish every weekend, and when my husband and I go to visit my parents, we almost always have a fish fry.  Fried food is sadly not healthy :( and I am NOT a fan of the healthier option of baked fish.  But I think I found a remedy!  I found a way to make baked fish taste fried!

I bought good quality cod filets and seasoned and breaded them.
*I rubbed tarter sauce on each filet and then covered them in breading.
*Breading: bread crumbs, parmesan, Butt Rub seasoning (can use a seasoning salt like Lawry's or anything with some spice)
*Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 or 20 minutes
I've also found that cornmeal seasoned with garlic and seasoning salt and fish rubbed with olive food crisps up and tastes pretty good!  But overall, the bread crumb mixture and tarter sauce have been mine and my husband's favorite.

Yay for finding a way to like the healthier option!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...