Monday, July 26, 2021

Recipe: Jalapeño Fauxminto Cheese

 🧀 Jalapeño Fauxminto Cheese

I call this fauxminto, because you won’t be buying a jar of pimentos to make this pimento cheese recipe! I’ve been making this Jalapeño Fauxminto Cheese for a year now, and it’s a family favorite.

What you’ll need:
•4 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
I think it elevates the flavor and texture when I shred a block of cheese, but most times I just buy the cheese already shredded. I’ve also done half yellow cheddar and half white cheddar to mix it up! Just be sure not to buy finely shredded.
•1/4 cup of chopped jalapeños
I use a fork to hold the jalapeños while I chop them so I don’t touch them with my hands. This keeps me from getting jalapeño juice on my hands and then touching my eyes or my kids’ faces. I learned that lesson the hard way. You could also wear gloves.
•1/2 cup of chopped jarred roasted red pepper
This is your pimento substitute!
•3/4 to 1 cup of mayo (depending on how “dry” or “wet” you like your pimento cheese)
•1 tsp of Tabasco
You can omit this if you don’t want the added spice, but I think it’s a needed touch!
•Bread or crackers
I like Canyon Bakery Gluten Free Country White Bread

Mix all of the ingredients together, except the cheese. Then add the mixture to the cheese, making sure to stir it well but not to mush the cheese. LET IT SIT for at least 8 hours. Trust me— it gets better with time.

You can make sandwiches or serve it as a dip with crackers. I’ve also heard that some people just eat it with a fork. I may be some people. This is great to make ahead for when you need a dish to have ready to go. I made it before leaving on a camping trip, and it made mealtime so easy. You could make it at night and have it ready for lunch, or throw it together in the morning to have dinner waiting on you.

If you're in an EasyBins delivery area, you can view the recipe and order the ingredients here. Use code MARLA5 at checkout for $5 off your order.


If you're in an EasyBins delivery area, shop the recipe and get $5 off with code MARLA5 at checkout.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...