Monday, August 10, 2020

Baby Blanket for Our Little One on the Way

In about 2 months, we'll be welcoming a little one into our family. I had a few things I needed to get made before she arrives, and I started with this blanket. The middle patterned fabric is some I got at Walmart awhile ago. If your Walmart looks anything like the ones here, the fabric section is almost empty thanks to the pandemic. The blue dotted, orange dotted, and solid pink fabric is from Hobby Lobby, and I got it a couple weeks ago.

We don't have the nursery set up yet (working on that this week!), so here's the blanket laid out on our guest bed.
I didn't create a tutorial for this project since I'm just focused on getting things done right now and checked off the list before I go into labor! Here's a rough sketch with rough measurements in case you want to make a similar blanket. I did a 1/2 seam allowance, and that's included in the measurements. You might want to ignore the three measurements at the very top and just focus on the measurements on the actual sketch.
After finishing the blanket, I completed a few more nursery projects. Now we just need to put together the crib and set up the nursery!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...