Friday, July 29, 2016

Embroidered Monogram Hanging Banner


I sewed and embroidered this little banner for my nephew that was born last week.  Colin's sister had a baby boy, and I just had to make him something for the hospital!

The upholstery fabric in the woodgrain pattern was picked up from Hancock Fabrics right before they closed.


I had a small metal rod, and Colin trimmed it to the right length for me.  I used twine for the hanger.

If you're interested in getting started in machine embroidery, the machine I use is a good place to start.  The exact model number was sold at Hancocks, but the two models below look to be exact to what I have.  I see one has a foot pedal, which mine doesn't have, but I'm not sure why it's needed.  My machine will embroider a 4x4 space.  Before you invest in a machine, be sure to do your research and watch videos.  You need a computer and embroidery software if you want to use your machine to its fullest potential.  It's one of the most fun hobbies for me!

        




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...