Tuesday, May 24, 2016

VW Week | Day Three: Beetle Exterior



Top: Day we picked up the Bug
Below: This Week

One thing you'll notice about the exterior is it isn't painted.  The car has the original paint job, and we decided to keep it. It has a little patina that we thought was interesting, and once cleaned up, the paint still had some shine to it.
Beetle convertibles were made by Karmann, so they have a decal on the passenger side to note that.  My car was missing the decal, so I ordered one from eBay.  It's not in perfect condition, but I really wanted an original decal rather than a reproduction.
The Rain-X Luxury cover is from Walmart.  I used the Amazon App to price match since it was a little cheaper on Amazon.  I bought a size large, and here's a little story as to why...

The box says to get a size small for this car model.  When I read reviews online, people suggested going up a size to cover the entire car.  Reviewers said the size the box tells you to get isn't large enough to really cover your car.  So that would mean I should get a medium, right?  Well, the medium costs $20 more than the large.  How does that make any sense?  To save $20, I bought the large and decided to try it out.  Since I bought it at Walmart and not online, I knew it would be easy to exchange if it didn't work.  You see below that it touches the ground, but I don't mind that.  It completely covers the car, including the tires.  It's easy to take on and off, and the medium might not have been so easy.  It also fits better when the top is down.  Plus I saved $20!

I haven't had the cover long, but so far I like it.  It has straps to attach the cover to the bumpers.  It also has ways for you to further strap it down if you are storing your car for a longer period of time.  I drive my car every few days, so the cover is just to protect the car (and expensive convertible top!) from bird poop and weather.

The video at the top of the post will fill you in on the rest of the exterior.

Remember to post your pics on Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #VWweekMPS so I can see them!

Twitter: @marlaplainsmall
Instagram: @marlaplainandsmall




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...