Thursday, May 05, 2016

Embroidered Ballet Bag

Our friends' little girl had a birthday party a couple weeks ago.  I found the cutest play-dough set where you can make little pies.  I can't wait to start doing something like that with Harlow!

I wanted something fun to put the gift in.  The little girl takes a dance class, so I made a little bag she can use for dance class or for whatever she wants to use it for!
I got the bag at Hancock Fabrics (which is now going out of business...let's take a moment of silence...now I'll wipe away my tears and continue with this blog post...).
The V appliqué is from Planet Appliqué (click HERE to get 20% off).  This alphabet was temporarily free, and that's how I snagged it!  If you follow Planet Applique on Facebook, you'll be notified when they offer free designs.

The ballerina is from Daily Embroidery.  They offer a free design every day.  This was my first stitched (not appliqué) design.  It was a little tough, because there wasn't a step by step list of what the stitch order was, so I kind of had to guess what was coming next.  It's not perfect, but I think it turned out okay.
I did the embroidery design on the polka dot fabric, cut a circle, and used my sewing machine to stitch it onto the bag. I frayed the edges a bit.

And there you have it!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...