Wednesday, December 01, 2010

DIY Stick Centerpiece

I love using sticks to decorate, so why not use them for Christmas?!
(click pictures to enlarge)

I took some sticks (Go find some in your yard!  I recommend that over buying them.).  I bought cheap white spray paint and two bird cages that were each a $1 at Michael's.

Spray paint the branches and birdcages.  The branches soaked up a good bit of the paint, so you'll need several coats if you want them to be solid white.  I only used one can and liked that it looked like a light snow on the branches.

I bought a big vase at Michael's (on sale!) and stuck the branches inside.  I hung the cages and...
...added some crystal ornaments (from Hobby Lobby in the small tree section for about a $1 for a pack of 6).

Voila!

I also stuck some glittery green sprigs from Michael's on each side of the vase for added interest.


I feel like it adds some wintery wonderland to the inside of the house!  It doesn't take up too much room on the table, which is nice if you will have serving dishes on the table.  I added some candlesticks and some round candles.  The red and green chopstick serving pieces are from CB2.

Let me know if you have some more stick decorating ideas!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the birdcages and crystals on the twigs. What a great use of "what you have."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...