Thursday, August 05, 2010

Breakfast Sandwich

There's a local coffee shop a few blocks from our house that my husband and I LOVE!  I used to hang out there in college, but only went for the coffee.  Once I was out of school, I started ordering food and one day found a gem-- their breakfast sandwich.  Wowee!  It's so yummy and a huge serving and all things good.

I got to thinking...how can I have that same thing any time I want it and even when cash is tight?  Don't get me wrong; we still visit this place and give it our business.  I just wanted an alternative I could make at home.

So I present...my version of...
The Perfect Breakfast Sandwich
Ingredients:
Biscuit (I prefer the Pillsbury biscuits in the freezer bag, so you can cook individual biscuits)
1 Egg (or egg substitute)
1 Sausage patty (I use maple syrup flavored veggie patties)
Cream cheese
Honey (I usually leave this off mine, but it's a must for my hubby)
Cheese (I like cheddar or provolone)
Butter

Let's get started!
1) Get your biscuits in the oven so they cook!
2) Cook the sausage (veggie patties cook for a couple minutes in the microwave)
3) Cook the egg.  Here's a secret tip: Crack in egg in a coffee cup.  Don't stir it up.  Add your salt and pepper.  Cook for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave.  Spoon it out of the cup and it's the perfect size for the biscuit!  (I have cooked them in a skillet, and I have to fold them over to fit the biscuit.  And it takes longer and is more to clean up!).
4) Get the warm biscuit and butter both sides.  Lay a piece of cheese on the bottom of the biscuit then the patty then the egg then spread cream cheese and honey on the top of the biscuit and then set it on the egg.
5) Microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.

Ta-da!

I make one for me and my husband in no time!  This really is a yummy Saturday morning wake-me-up with help from our Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla coffee brewing while we make the sandwich!

Let me know if you try this out!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

You are like super woman in the kitchen! Amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...