Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Anniversary Present for Mom & Dad

Last week my parents celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary.  As a present, I made the piece below.


I used a scrap piece of wood that was literally sitting around the house.  I had my husband cut it to size and sand it.  Then I gave it a gel stain.  I have never stained anything in my life.  I just followed the directions on the can-- it was easy peasy!  The chandelier, lamp shades, birds, and cloud are all cut from scrap material.  The birds tails are cloth beads cut from fabric trim.  I used Mod Podge to glue them on and then put Mod Podge on the top of the material to keep it from fraying.  I wrote on the back of the wood instead of on a greeting card that might get misplaced.

My inspiration came from Susan Mahan's piece Empty Nest.

*Update: My project was featured on Mod Podge Rock's Twitter and Facebook!  Thanks MPR!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...