Monday, February 01, 2010

God always provides what I need.  I know that.  Usually when something happens in my life, God reveals Himself after the fact or during the situation.  You know those times when life just comes at you and how later you read something in Scripture that brings comfort and peace and understanding?  Last night God brought that to me before life came rushing in.  I read a portion of Habakkuk and about 30 minutes later life came rushing in.  God knew I needed the lesson first this time.  Maybe He needed me to be a comfort to others during the struggle, to bring His words to them.

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines, 
though the olive crop falls
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.


The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
                  -Habakkuk 3:17-19

*Picture taken in the Philippines, 2007. Click on the picture to view a larger image.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...