Saturday, February 20, 2010

Craft Time!

Travel Shadowbox
This project was my mom's idea.  I had to get a new passport since I got hitched and changed my last name :).  So instead of keeping my old passport in a drawer, Mom suggested I display it somehow.  I got this shadowbox for 40% off at Hobby Lobby.  It was the perfect size for my passport, so this was a super easy project!  Every time I walk by this, I remember the places I've been and the people I've met.  
Don't have a passport?  Frame plane tickets or a hotel card from a vacation.  I think the best art are pieces that remind you of great times!

Copycat Art
I found an etsy site that had adorable greeting cards and small prints.  I can't remember the shop name (lesson learned: heart shops that have pieces you love!).  The shop had a greeting card that I loved and reminded me of being a newlywed married to my best friend.  So I drew out what the card looked like and painted it on the canvas above.  Don't worry- I don't sell imitation pieces!

Valentine's Day Gift 

This isn't really much of a craft project, but you could do lots of different things with this.  My hubby doesn't want flowers for Valentine's Day, so I try to look for hints that he might be sending out for things he needs or wants.  I bought this Husky tool bag at Home Depot.  It fits around a bucket and has tons of pockets.  I tucked in a tie (he started a new job this week!) and a cover for his phone.

Baby Shower Bags
  
I got these brown paper bags at Hobby Lobby for 50 cents.  I bought the two stamps for $1 each at the Dollar Tree.  I used paint instead of a stamp pad to get a little more dimension.  Easy peasy!

Baby Shoes!
  
I got this pattern from Stardust Shoes.  I think they're adorable!  I got the fabric on sale at Hobby Lobby. I made this for a present.  I'm going to make another pair and then a pair with reversed fabric for twin girls that our friend is having!

Buttons

These clay buttons are fun to use for sewing projects.  I have these for sale on my etsy.

Coasters

These are a fun sewing project.  I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby and love the patterns!  I have a third pattern that's not pictured.  These can also be purchased at my etsy.

Fleece Scarf with Pocket

This scarf has a pocket with a button to close it.

Check out other people's craft projects at Make Your Monday brought by The Twice Remembered Cottage!


2 comments:

sarahluz said...

Hi friend! I have a question! On the passport shadow box, did you do anything to your passport pages to age them and make them look old?, or did you just stick them in there? I enjoy checking in on your blog every once in awhile! :)

~Sarah plain and tall

marla grace said...

i just stuck them in there. since the pages all sorta have designs on them already, the stamps added to that a little...you'll just have to come over to see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...