Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Recipe: Garlic Dill Chicken Salad

It’s my goal in life to share as many chicken salad combinations as possible. ๐Ÿ˜‹




This “recipe” doesn’t have exact measurements. You’ll need to listen to your heart. Or add the ingredients, take a bite, and see if you need more of each ingredient. You’ll see what I mean…

๐Ÿง„Garlic Dill Chicken Salad ๐Ÿ‡ 

•Chicken
I usually boil chicken, but I also use leftover grilled, smoked, whatever chicken. You can use white or dark meat.
•Mayonnaise
Add mayo a little at a time, making sure to coat each piece of chicken. I don’t like dry salad, so I sometimes add a bit more than I think is needed. The chicken will soak up some of the mayo as it sits.
•Dried Dill
This is where you have to start listening to your heart, er, tastebuds. I LOVE dill, so I go crazy with how much I use.
•Lawry’s Garlic Salt with Parsley
The amount of this will also depend on your personal preference. I add quite a bit. I usually add the dill and garlic, stir it all about, take a taste, and decide if it needs more. If you’re watching your salt intake, you could salt to taste and then add garlic powder and dried parsley.
•Grapes
I have made this a few times without grapes when we didn’t have any in the house. It’s still good, but it is not the same. You must have grapes! The sweet balances out the savory. I used black grapes this time but have also used red and purple grapes. I quarter each grape and add enough to have a sliver of grape in each bite.

I have been making this version of chicken salad for several months now, and I think it’s my family’s favorite. I hope your family enjoys it too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...