Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pics: The Day We Got the Beetle

I realized that when I originally posted about getting the Beetle, I didn't post many pictures of it.  Here are the pictures I snapped on my phone the day we picked it up!

We got the Bug from a family friend.  It was being stored under a carport.  Our friend's husband had been working on restoring it but had to stop for health reasons and it sat for awhile.  He has since passed away, and his wife (our friend) sold it to us.  It's pretty special that we can give it new life and that she'll be able to see it restored like her husband intended.

The bug was about an hour away from where my parents live.  We loaded the bug on a trailer and unloaded it at my dad's shop where he and my brother do restorations.

[Click photos to enlarge]








 

 


I think we've decided to clear coat the exterior to preserve the patina.  It's not for everyone, but I think it's pretty rad!

Check out previous posts about the Bug:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...