Sunday, May 03, 2015

Insta-Recipes

I love to cook and have been trying lots of new recipes lately.  I post some of them on my Instagram account, recipes I come up with and some from other people.  My account is private to family and close friends.  With so much of my life out there for all to see (here, twitter, etc.), it's the one place I've decided to keep private right now.

Every once in awhile I'll share a few pics from my account.  Here are some now!

My take on Tropical Smoothie's veggie hummus wrap
  • Sabra roasted red pepper hummus all over tortilla of choice
  • Sliced purple/red onion
  • Sliced tomato
  • Sliced cucumber
  • 1/4 avocado, sliced and drizzled with lemon and lime juice
  • Shredded carrots
  • Salsa (optional-- put it on my husband's but not on mine)
  • Cilantro

Sweet & Tart Smoothie
  • Frozen mango
  • Frozen raspberries
  • Unsweetened original cashew milk

Avocado Tuna
I never like tuna and couldn't make myself eat it no matter how hard I tried.  One day my sister-in-law told me to try it with avocado, and now I eat tuna all the time!
  • 1 can of white albacore tuna
  • 1/2 avocado
  • salt, cajun seasoning (optional)
  • Dash of lemon juice and lime juice

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Strawberry Shake
  • Chocolate almond milk
  • Unsweetened original cashew milk
  • Peanut butter
  • Frozen strawberries

Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with Homemade Dressing
This recipe is from A Beautiful Mess.  Colin LOVED it!  We heard a report that you could lose a pound a week eating brussels sprouts-- bring on the sprouts!
I made two changes:
  • Double the dressing recipe and cook 3 lbs. of sprouts (instead of 1 lb.)
  • Stick the cooked sprouts/berries under broil for a few minutes in the oven, stir every minute or so

What recipes do you love?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...