Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not A Happy Camper-- Your Help Needed!

Last week I signed up for a google plus account.  That's where the trouble begins.

I signed up for it because I wanted to see what it was all about and how it would tie to all of my other google accounts (blogger included).

When I created my account, I noticed that it posted every photo that I had ever posted on my blog onto my google plus profile.  I thought that was unnecessary seeing as there were no explanations to go along with the photos.  So I deleted the photos.

Then I come to my blog and notice that all of my photos are gone and are instead replaced with an annoying exclamation mark.

I did a bit of research and discovered that since google ties all of their products together, that if you delete an item on one account, it is deleted on all accounts.  So my years of recipes and tutorials and stories are now pictureless, rendering some of the posts useless.

Does anyone know how to restore these photos and make google give them back?

I am not happy, google.  Not happy one bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm afraid you can't get them back unless you had them saved elsewhere and can upload or link them again. I'm pretty sure I have had the same problem before.

banana said...

I wish I had read this post about five minutes ago...I just tied my new blog with my google+ account. Crap. Also, now "Friend Connect" is not available for new blogs (it's not deleted from blogs that were created when it was a working app) so I can't figure out how to link my friends' blogs on a sidebar without an app like "Friend Connect!" Argh. Any suggestions? I'd love to feature your boutique and blog on mine, too, so any help and you can be my next feature! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...