Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Leaving Lifeword


This is a big week.

It's my last week working full-time at Lifeword.

I started an internship at Lifeword when I was 20.  Just a month and a half later, I turned 21 and was hired part-time in addition to my internship.  A year later I graduated from college and began working full-time at Lifeword.

Thanks to Lifeword, I've met a lot of people, traveled the world, and developed lifelong friendships that have become like families.

I've been able to put into practice what I studied in school, as well as learn new things and continually grow in my craft and as a person.

I don't remember a time when I didn't know about Lifeword.  I have a Lifeword shirt I wore as a toddler.  To eventually work for the organization was a blessing and dream come true.

Since my visit to Romania in fall 2010, I knew that I wouldn't be at Lifeword much longer.  God spoke to me on that trip and began working in my heart.  He also began working on my husband's heart to get us to the same place and to bring new things into our lives.  God also orchestrated each detail at Lifeword to make it easier for me to leave.  I'm not sad a bit, which most people just can't understand.  It's just that I'm so sure that this is what God has planned for me that there's no place for sadness or regret or second guessing.  If anything, I'm excited about what's in store!

Life has gotten so busy and my health hasn't been good, so Colin and I knew it was time to change some things and felt like each step along the way has been a confirmation from God.  I'll be going to work part-time for some friends, and I'll be embarking on another new adventure that I'll be able to share with you soon.

I was so blessed to be able to be a part of Lifeword, and that's why I'm so excited to see what God has in store for my future.  All good things come from Him, so I'm not relying on Lifeword or some other adventure to fulfill me.  I'm relying on God and His timing to use me where He puts me and to find contentment in that.

one of my first video shoots in 2006

my first international trip in 2007- the Philippines

I was blessed to see much of the world.

my coworkers

Lifeword will always have a special place in my heart.  To those of you who have been a part of the experience with me over the past 6 years, you have all had an impact on my life, and though some of you live on the other side of the world, I'm sure we'll see each other again!

Love,
Marla

1 comment:

banana said...

I know God will put you and Colin exactly where you're needed, and he's already blessed you with the peace and calm that can only come from your understanding, acceptance and especially your excitement about this change!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...