Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Easy Homemade Salsa

One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh produce.  This year I'm growing lettuce, cabbage, strawberries, and tomatoes.  I'm like a proud mama when tiny green tomatoes start budding and when I'm picking lettuce for a salad!

Whether you grow your own produce or get it at the farmer's market or just pick it up at the grocery store, there's something satisfying about eating something fresh and simple and not over processed.

Here's a simple salsa that you can make in a snap.
-1 large tomato
-1 jalepeno pepper (I left the seeds in, but remove them or only use part of the pepper if you don't like it too spicy)
-1 tbsp minced garlic (I used jarred)
-1/2 red onion
-juice from a lime
-cilantro (I didn't put it in, because I put it in the tacos I was making)

Roughly slice or chop the ingredients (well just squeeze the lime!) and throw everything in a food processor and pulse to the consistency you want.
Mmm fresh!

It's good as a condiment or just as a dip with chips.  It's even good leftover if you seal it well in the fridge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...