Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Greatest Coffee Cake Ever

picture taken on my phone while eating breakfast on the back porch...ahhh
I found Pioneer Woman's recipe on Food Coma's blog.  I know the recommendation is not to change the recipe.  But I did.  Gasp!  It wasn't intentional...that much.

I used candied pecans (from the peanut aisle), because plain pecans are so dang expensive.  The pecans in produce and the baking aisle cost an arm and a leg.  And although I have a pecan tree, it's not producing, and I couldn't find any pecans in the pantry or freezer.  Needless to say, a few days later I found a Walmart bag full of pecans in the bottom of the pantry.  Sigh.  Oh well.

I also added some bananas.  Only because I had some that needed to be eaten.  So I sliced two bananas and laid the slices on top of the batter before covering it with filling.

I think my two changes were wise.  The candied pecans were ahhmazing and the bananas made it taste a little more breakfasty.  I took some to work and some to my parents, and it was a hit.

So go make it!  And decide whether or not you'll strictly stick to the recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...