Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baked Cream Cheese Shortcake Thing-a-ma-jig with Strawberries

What happens when you take a craving for strawberry shortcake and combine it with a craving for baked goods? This is born!
It's a really weird combination, and may not be for everyone.  But I found it quite yummers. And fulfilling.  It hit the spot.

Fill store bought shortcakes with cream cheese.
I had an 8 oz block and had a bit leftover.  Put the leftover cream cheese to the side.
Fill a baking dish with the shortcakes
Mix together the left over cream cheese with:
-2 cups of milk
-1 tbsp of vanilla
-1 tbsp of cinnamon
-1/2 of sugar (or more...I usually vote for more)
-pinch of salt
-2 eggs (I used 4 and that was too many...tasted a big egg custardy)
Pour the mixture over the shortcakes

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes

Serve warm and top with strawberries (I sliced mine, added some sugar, and let them sit in the fridge to get juicy).
You'll need to like cream cheese to like this.  But I lurve cream cheese, so it was good for me.  Make sure your eggs are mixed in well so that you don't have scrambled eggs in your dessert.  You could serve it cool, but I liked the warm with the cold strawberries.

What do you think?  Does this sound too weird?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...