Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Embroidered Easter Basket & Bunny

Hippity-Hoppity Easter's on its way!  So, let's craft!  Today we're going to dress up a store bought Easter basket and personalize a bunny.  And guess what-- two of the embroidery designs I'm using are FREE!
This zig zag egg is from Lynnie Pinnie, and yes, it's free!  I used the Curlz Appliqué font for the H and Curly Girl font for the rest of the name to pair with the egg.
The other side of the basket has this adorable chick from Beau Mitchell (yep, it's free, too!).  I embroidered an H in Curlz font on top of the shell.
I was too much of a scaredy cat to embroider directly on the basket.  It's a felt/foam basket I got at Walgreen's last Easter for Harlow's first basket.  I embroidered the designs, trimmed them to the shape of the appliqué, and used Heat and Bond to iron them onto the basket.
Last year I saw pictures of bunnies with names embroidered on the ears.  I had my embroidery machine, but had never used it by that point, so I knew it was a project I wanted to try when I got the hang of embroidering.  I forgot about it until I saw people posting bunny pictures this year in an embroidery group on Facebook.  This is a bunny Harlow got while I was pregnant, so I used the Quirky Girl font and gave it a try.  While it isn't perfect, I think it turned out pretty cute and will be fun to use in Easter pictures.

What Easter projects are you going to try this year?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...