Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Outfit (Embroidered Shirt & Feather Hair Clip)

When I started planning Harlow's Thanksgiving outfit, I looked for teepee designs.  Colin's family has Native American ancestry, and it's pretty neat to think about my daughter having that in her family history.  I love teepees and Indian images.  I found this teepee design from Planet Appliqué.
I embroidered the design on the yellow fabric then cut the fabric in a circle and stitched that on a onesie using my sewing machine.  I left the edges to fray a bit.  I like that I can use a seam ripper to remove the circle and use for a different project when she outgrows this onesie.

The font for Harlow's name is a font that comes on my embroidery machine.

I glued some craft feathers to the circle using fabric glue (you could also hand stitch them on).

I made a matching bow by gluing (with E-6000 glue) craft feathers to a hair clip.
I love both the shirt and clip so much that she will probably be sporting both well past Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a great week celebrating Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...