Thursday, November 19, 2015

Get Paid to Shop (for items you already buy!)

There are two apps I've been using for the last few months that PAY me for items I buy when I shop.  I upload a picture of my receipt, and they pay me for items.
That's it!  Easy.  FREE!


Don't have a smartphone?  You can use their websites!

The first app is Checkout 51.
This app is a bit limited in rebate selection.  You select which items you have bought and upload your receipt.
When you reach $20, you can cash out!  The cash back per item is about any where from 25 cents per item to $1.00 per item.  Little by little it adds up, though.  Each month they also have a $500 drawing if you have a grocery receipt over $60.

The next app (and my favorite) is ibotta.
You can search rebates by category or store.  I shop most frequently at Kroger, so here's what it looks like when I look for rebates.

I use the app the lazy way.  I shop for what I need and then come back and see if anything I bought has a rebate offer.  Most rebates are only 20 cents, but it adds up!
You could make a lot more money if you looked at the app before you went shopping and used that to influence what you bought.  Going to buy spaghetti sauce?  See if there's a rebate offered for a certain brand, and then buy that brand.  I would only do it that way if it wasn't going to be more expensive in the end, of course.

I've been able to make money on items before when I've found the item on sale, plus used a coupon, then gotten a rebate on ibotta!

You can get a check or gift cards or paypal cash on ibotta.

If you click my referral link (here: https://ibotta.com/r/hn5gba), I'll get a $4 referral credit, and you get $1 credit after your first rebate.  BUT I got an email from ibotta telling me that if you start using the app now, you'll get a $10 Welcome Bonus after your first rebate!!! I'm not sure how long they're offering that discount, so I'd run and sign up!

Once you sign up, you'll get a referral code that you can share with your friends!

Yay for rebates!

I know Walmart has a rebate app; are there any more out there I should know about?  I'm going to use my rebate money to help with Christmas shopping!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...