Tuesday, January 08, 2013

DIY Ring Tray

I was needing a ring tray for the store and couldn't find what I needed online or at any local stores.  Instead of giving up, I DIYed.


The photos were taken with my iPhone.  I didn't intend for this to be a tutorial when I started.  I just started making it and took a few photos, then I thought maybe someone else could benefit from this.


First:
Fill a shoebox lid with rolled up pieces of sweater (or similar material).
Make sure all pieces are about the same height.

Second:
Cover the sweater rolls with fleece.
Tuck in the top and trim the fleece a little larger than the lid.

Third:
Tuck the fleece at the top and then into the first row then into the second row and so on, tucking the sides as you go.
Pin fleece into place as you go.
You could glue it as well.

Finally:
Place your rings!
(These UCA rings are for sale at Blue Kite)

Now you can make a reallllly cheap and quick ring tray.  You could paint the shoebox lid to add some pizzazz.  My lid was solid white with no logos imprinted, so I left it plain.

I'd love to see if anyone makes one!

1 comment:

banana said...

So smart! Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...