Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crab, Avocado, Salad, Summer Food

It's vegetable season!  Yay!  This year I planted tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, and cabbage.  It's really nice to walk out the front door, grab some lettuce, and go back in to fix dinner!

I also love going to the farmer's market to get local fruit, vegetables, and meat.  I haven't gotten to the market yet this year since it's just started up.  But we do have a new Kroger Marketplace that I've been to way too much already.  It's amazing!

When it gets warm, I want meals that are light, cool, and refreshing.  I picked up some imitation crab and wanted to incorporate it into some recipes too.

Here's a couple of salads we tried out this week.

Green Crab Salad
I found a recipe but changed it up a bit.  I used lettuce a bit greener than iceberg.  I left out the avocado and added cheese.

Avocado Bean Salad
I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I changed it up as well, because I didn't have some of the ingredients.  I also added ingredients.

-Can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
-Sliced grape tomatoes (I added them until it looked like there were a good amount)
-1 sliced avocado
-1 can of garbanzo beans
-Garlic salt
-Dash of lime juice
-Dash of olive oil
-Cilantro
-1 tbsp sugar
-cayenne pepper
-imitation crab

If eaten like a salad, this will make about 4 servings.  If you serve it as a dip with chips, it makes a good size bowl.
I love summer food!
Do you have any good salad recipes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...