Monday, January 20, 2020

Books: Read in 2019 + Goals for 2020


In 2019 I set a goal of reading 24 books (shooting for 2 books a month). I wound up reading 60 books if you include what books of the Bible I read. If you take out the individual books of the Bible I read at the beginning of the year and only count me reading the Bible once through as a whole for the year plus add the fiction and nonfiction books I read, it means I read a total of 34 books in 2019. I was really motivated to read as much as I could. I definitely could have read more if I had put down my phone more often or watched zero tv. Overall, though, I'm happy with how I exceeded my goal.

                          

What I Read in 2019:
The Message Solo Devotional (Bible readings plus devotional readings)
Revelation
The Knowing Jesus Study Bible (It took me three years, and I finally finished it in 2019. It's a Bible with daily devotions and study notes.)
Hebrews
1 John
2 John
3 John
2 Peter
1 Peter
James
Philemon
2 Timothy
Titus
2 Thessalonians
1 Thessalonians
Colossians
Jude
Philippians
Ephesians
Galatians
2 Corinthians
1 Corinthians
Romans
Acts
Mark
Luke
John
Matthew

2020 Reading Plan:
For 2020 I have decided not to necessarily set a goal or fret about numbers. I'm going to shoot for at least one book a month. I know that's half of last year's goal and even further behind what I actually read last year. This year I want to focus on some other life goals, and when it comes to reading, I want to dig even deeper into Bible study. That means my overall numbers will be lower, but I will probably be spending the same amount of time reading if not even more.  I also plan to read books that have been on my shelf that I haven't yet read or haven't read in several years. If there is a new book (or new to me) that I want to read, I first have to see if it's available for free on Kindle, Overdrive, Hoopla, Apple Books (and so on), or see if it's available to check out at my library or request that my library get it. I don't want to read less, but I want to spend less money and use free resources.

I keep track of what I read on the Goodreads app. Come find me and friend me if you also use Goodreads!

And head on over to Facebook and Instagram to share what you loved reading in 2019 or what you plan to read in 2020!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...