Thursday, May 18, 2017

HONEST Review of Willing Beauty Skincare


I have always been interested in taking care of my skin, but for years I struggled with severely dry skin.  In high school, I didn't want my skin to appear oily (matte was in), so I didn't want to over-moisturize.  The problem was that I naturally had painfully dry skin.  I would moisturize the areas that were the worst, but I was afraid if I used too much lotion that my skin would look oily and greasy.  "Glowy" skin was not popular like it is today.  If facial oils had been popular then, there is no way that I would have used them.  Today I use facial oils morning and night.  I now know it's not only good for my dry skin but also great for most skin types.

I also avoided spf for daily use.  I thought it was thick and would clog my pores.  Since then, spf options have changed.  I now use a daily moisturizer that has spf included.  Gotta protect that precious skin!

The last few years as I hit my late-20s and now my early 30s, I have been very vigilant about skincare.  I never sleep in makeup, and I use a variety of products to nourish my skin.  I use a mix of affordable items that you can buy at stores like Target, Walmart, and Kroger, mid-range products from Ulta and Sephora, and higher-end skincare from BeautiControl.  I mix and match to fit my dry skin needs.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with the concoction, but I love trying new products.

Would I say that I am 100% pleased with the condition of my skin?  Well, not exactly.  I still struggle with dry skin patches, which affects my makeup, and I see the beginning signs of age.  Oh, those fine lines and wrinkles.  I have freckles, and I am not on the hunt to rid of those, but I am open to using products that can even my skin tone.



A friend approached me about trying a new skincare line called Willing Beauty.  Jessica has sold Origami Owl, a personalized jewelry line, for years, and Willing Beauty is in the same family as Origami Owl.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Jessica asked if I would be willing to try the skincare items for five days in exchange for a review on my blog.  I tried out the day and night skincare routine for five days before returning the box to Jessica.  All opinions are my own and are 100% honest.  I was not compensated for this review.

I tested the HY+5 Regimen plus the willa Born to Glow Skin Elixir for five days.  I stopped using all of my other skincare items to see what this alone would do for my skin.

In the video at the bottom of this post, you will see my first impressions and follow along as I use the products day and night for five days.


^ Products that come in the HY+5 Regimen
^ Products I tried: 5 piece regimen plus the willa Skin Elixir

In addition to the video, below are some questions I asked Jessica.  I tried to anticipate what questions some of you may have as well as what I wanted to know about the brand.  If you have more questions, leave them in the comments, and I will see if I can get an answer for you.  Before you ask the question, check the Willing Beauty FAQ page to see if they have an answer for you there.

Q: Do you have to buy the full box of products, or can you purchase/repurchase individual items?
A: Individual products are available to purchase to replenish any products that you may use more quickly than others.

Q: About how many days would the day/night regiment products last?
A: A five piece regimen would likely last close to six weeks.

Q: Since there isn't an eye cream, are there products that work in place of an eye cream?
A: Partner in Time and Sleepover actually treat that area and are safe to use around the eyes.



More info from Jessica:

There is a 100% money back guarantee.

Customers have the option to enroll in The Crush Club which would give them their own link to refer friends without selling the products. If their friends use that link to order products, they'll earn points towards free products! Also, they'll earn free products to gift to someone if they enroll in a replenishment program, which they control frequency (4, 6, 8 weeks) and what the auto ship contains. It can even be put on hold. You can also sign up to be a Beauty Advisor.

Here is a chart that shows common allergen questions and which products contain certain ingredients. (click to enlarge)



Have a tween or teen in your life? The same company has a skincare line targeted to younger skin-- willa. I tested willa's Born to Glow Skin Elixir day and night, and you can see in the video that it was my favorite product!



So I bet you're wondering-- Well, Marla, did it make a difference with your skin?

To hear and see my 100% honest thoughts and first impressions, view the video below. I chat about some things that I wish were different, and I share what I like. As a reminder, I was not paid to write this post or make this video. I was excited to try some new products and to see what they could do for my skin.





SaveSave

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...