Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More Life Changes



In October we'll welcome our little girl into the world.  You have to make a lot of decisions when you're an expectant parent.  You decide on a name, how to decorate the nursery, which car seat and stroller is the best for you, so many things!  Colin and I just made a decision that was one of the biggest decisions of our life.  We are closing the Blue Kite storefront.  We tried to think of every solution of what to do with the store once the baby is here.  We could hire people while I was on maternity leave (not sure business owners really get maternity leave...ha!), keep the baby at the store, on and on.  Nothing seemed right for us.  Sure, we could have gone several directions, and it may have worked, but it just didn't feel right.  When I approached Colin about closing the store, we both had an instant peace.  There was a relief in knowing we wouldn't be stressing about having a newborn and running a store at the same time.  There is so much I'm responsible for at the store-- legally, financially, etc.  I couldn't ask someone to take that on for me.  My personality couldn't handle letting someone else do that either!

Blue Kite isn't going away.  We are in the planning stages of stepping up our online sales and focusing on that.  We'll take a complete break from September to the end of the year.  Once 2015 gets here, we'll open up the online store.  Having the rest of 2014 will allow us time with a newborn and having the holidays with family (with a newborn!).

Thank you to our family, friends, and new friends we've made at Blue Kite for sticking with us these past two years.  Get ready for 2015!

We'll be liquidating our inventory (including fixtures) this month and next month and will close the end of August.  Come see us!  I'll be in my third trimester, so I'm sure I'll be willing to make deals!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...