Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Overload!!!

You may have noticed that I'm cooking a lot of sweet potatoes!  A coworker brought a box to work, and I had to see how many things I could make from a simple sweet potato.

First up...
Spicy & Sweet Potato Chips
I sliced two sweet potatoes and laid them on a cookie sheet (spray sheet with nonstick spray).  I drizzled extra virgin olive oil on the potatoes and seasoned them with salt, pepper, Lawry's, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
I broiled them on high for a couple minutes, then I baked them at 450 degrees for a few more minutes.
They were sweet and spicy and slightly crunchy...super yummilicious!  I promise!

(The sandwich was a bbq chicken sandwich.  I cooked the bbq chicken in the crockpot.)

Sweet Potato Bread
I've never made or eaten sweet potato bread, but I had to give it a try!
I used this recipe.  It turned out pretty good.  It's moist and sweet.  You can tell it has sweet potato in it, but I wouldn't say it's overwhelming.  The hubby liked and so did my coworkers.

Let me know what else I can make with sweet potatoes!

2 comments:

Mike H said...

Too much sweet potato for me. Perhaps I should introduce you to TOFURKY! I mean, Thanksgiving is coming up and all.

marla grace said...

mikey, i don't like turkey! much less tofurky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...