Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tutorial: Yarn Wreath

I've seen a few yarn wreaths online, and each is a little different.  Here's how I made mine!


Materials:
*wreath foam (I got mine on the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby)
*yarn (I had this in my yarn bag, but you could pick this up for a couple dollars)
*2 pins (or glue)


I took the end of the yarn and pinned it to the back of the wreath foam. You could use glue, but I didn't want to wait for it to dry.

I simply starting wrapping the yarn around the foam.
This took FORRRREVVVVERRR because I wrapped each piece exactly next to each other and made sure there were no gaps.  An easier way would be to wrap one layer quickly then wrap a second layer on top of that, but that would give you a slightly different look.  I did this while watching tv at night, so I was easily distracted :)
Not pictured (because I got too excited at finishing and forgot): When I was back to my starting point, I pinned the end of the yarn to meet up with the first pin. Again, you could use glue instead.  I also cut a few strands of yarn and tied them into a bow.

I think it's quite charming!
(The picture in the background is a birthday present I bought myself last July.  It's still waiting to be hung up...whoops!)

1 comment:

Kelly H said...

Adorable! I've been trying to think of a door decoration now that Valentines is over. Something late winter, early spring-ish. This would be perfect (different yarn of course). :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...