Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ruffle Shirt

I decided to make this shirt from Make It and Love It.  I took a shirt I bought for $5 at Wal-Mart last year.  The scoop neck was too low to wear without an undershirt, and the sleeves were too long.  And I was just really tired of it not being much to look at-- especially since it had stretched and also shrunk in places in the wash.


After following these directions, I had a short sleeve, ruffled tee-- for an adult!  I used the sleeves I cut off to make the sleeve trim and to make the ruffles.

Now I can wear it without worrying about the neckline, and it's perfect for spring!

Sorry it's not a great shot of the finished product!  My husband and I will have to work on our photo/modeling skills.

I think I can get a few more *new* shirts out of this project!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So cute, love how it turned out. I love using the sleeves for embellishing.....especially since it's turning warmer and we need more short sleeved shirts!! :) Thanks for the link!

Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...