Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Make a Pillow Out of a Bag (& More!)

Bag to Pillow
I bought this bag almost 10 years ago from GAP.  I loved the car print and the fact that I could fit textbooks and notebooks in it for school.  I haven't used the bag very much in several years.  I'm trying to clean out purses and decide if I should refashion them or donate them.  This bag was put in the refashion pile.


I cut the bag (through the front and back pieces of material) with a straight line.  Then I just simply stitched the opening closed!  I left a hole big enough to stuff the bag then I finished sewing.  I did a zigzag seam to match the green seam.



This pillow will be going to my brother.  He has a Camero (different year model than the one on the bag) and just moved into a larger house-- he needs stuff to decorate with!

Mommy Wallet
This wallet will soon be mailed to a friend that just had her second baby boy.  It's the perfect size to tuck in a gift card and great to throw in a diaper bag.






Wine Bag
I used the same material as the wallet to make this wine bag.  I think it could also be used to hold silk flowers!



What projects are you working on?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...